Re: WCCM Sale Is Off

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 18:29:22 -0400 "Bill O'Neill" <billo@shoreham.net>
writes:

> WCAP has (and had) no real beef with Ellis, per se.  It's always
> been the
> principle of the thing - to be able to choose the talent.  (The team
> happened to put Ellis up as a condition of the deal.  Would have
> been a
> problem even if it were another pick.)

I think the major problem with the Spinners insisting that the
broadcaster is Ellis is not really the choice of Ellis, but the fact that
the Spinners have a short season, June to September and the Spinners
wanted whatever station they landed on to hire Ellis fulltime something
that WCAP says it can't afford to do.  If they had handled things
differently it might have worked out since WCAP also does the Lock
Monsters and between the two seasons might have been able to justifiy it.
 I don't know the Webers but knowing the owner of WCAP once he gets
something into his head it stays there a long long time.

df