Re: WCCM Sale Is Off

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:21:31 -0400 "Mark Watson" <markwats@mediaone.net>
writes:
>  After I posted, the thought crossed my mind: how will the Spinners
> game
> plan work now with the WCCM sale off? Will they go back to WCCM for
> the last
> year of the deal? Or will WCAP "hit a home run" (much better
> baseball
> translation) and "score" the rights, with or without Bob Ellis?
> Should be
> more interesting now with WCCM staying in Pat Costa and Company's
> control.
>
> Mark Watson

My guess is that unless Costa finds another buyer other than Drew and
Joann Weber that nothing will change.  The Spinners and Costa have a
contract and I would expect Costa would abide by it, but of course it
send up a major league (couldn't help myself) red flag to the Spinners
and puts WCAP in a better bargaining position next time around,  this is
all on the assumption that the Spinners don't just buy WCCM which I think
would be a mistake on their part.

df