RE: Wireless phone question

<<On Sun, 14 Oct 2001 01:23:35 -0400, "Michael P Fitzpatrick Jr." <fitzradio@the-spa.com> said:

> E911 can only identify which tower a 911 call comes into, not the exact
> location. All the information I have given is accurate Dan, trust me on
> this. I went to a E-911 coordination meeting about four years ago which
> discussed this exact topic and this exact question came up.

You are four years out-of-date.  Modern cell technology can
triangulate a cell customer to within a much smaller area than a
single cell.  There is a law, currently on the books, which requires
cell operators to provide even more accurate location information to
PSAPs and law enforcement; all cell operators currently have waivers
from the FCC to allow them to operate without it past the deadline
because none of them have managed to implement it yet.

-GAWollman