Re: Wireless phone question

I think Gary's answer to your question is correct.  I also seem to remember
that cellular phone companies are under a mandate to make cell phones work
with E-911 systems so the police can identify the exact location of a cell
phone if 911 is dialed from the phone.

As for Vermont needing more towers: Maine is in the same boat.  The  NIMBY
syndrome is alive and well when it comes to cell phone towers (as it is for
new radio towers).  I would think that the cell phone companies would
organize their users into a group to lobby for more towers.  In most
communities there are as many people upset about getting poor service as
there are people concerned about more towers, but the cell users have not
been organized to support tower construction.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine