Re: Enco

I've used both Enco and Scott.  At Saga's South Portland facility, Enco is
used by 5 of the stations and Scott is used by Oldies 100.9.  I also worked
with Enco at WCLZ.

My opinion is that Enco is somewhat more flexible for voicetracking, but
that Scott is much better for live assist.  I also find Enco easier to learn
for someone used to computers than Scott.  I first worked with Enco so using
it seems more natural to me, though I have been working with Scott on a
daily basis for about a year now.

Scott is a much more stable platform.  It rarely crashes, while Enco is
prone to crashing.

They are both preferable to the old automation systems that I worked with
when I first got in the business in the mid 80's.

Those concerned about the use of automation is radio would probably say that
both systems are a too of the devil.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine