Re: just a curiousity question,

      A valid question, deserving a valid answer.
Most stations (especially in these days of duopolies)
would have some form of backup system.  I don't have
any definitive scenario, but if some kind emergency
were to happen, the stations from the Pru would be
able to get emergency authorization to get their
signals back on the air.  WBCN (for example) is
short-spaced to 104.1 in Waterbury, CT.   However,
they could return to the air from the WBZ-TV tower or
FM-128 or the UHF Candlebra with a power not exceeding
the protection that is afforded to Waterbury, CT.
     In spite of radio or TV being a very competitive
business, NO station or company wants to see a fellow
broadcaster thrown off the air due to an emergency
situation like the WTC.  Even the college stations
have a certain duty to help each other in their time
of need.  For example, UMass Dartmouth WSMU/91.1 got
zorched by lightning over the past summer.  Major
damage for sure.  WSHL-FM (91.3) at Stonehill College
provided a backup IPA to get them back on the air.
Why?  Because it is the RIGHT thing to do.
     I would think that most stations would be glad to
help others during a time of need.  Hopefully, we will
not have to see if such a thing happen again, like the
WTC tragedy.

-Peter Q. George (K1XRB)
 CE WBIM-FM, WSHL-FM and WNRC-FM

--- Patriotsrule417@prodigy.net wrote:
> where would the radio/tv on the Prudential centre go
> if it got knocked down?
> I hope it doesnt, i dont want it to, if it got hit i
> would cry, but do the
> stations up there have backups?
>
> ~adam

=====