Re: WROR bits disc>?

Lou writes:
> Unfortunately, that magic wasn't there when management at WHDH teamed up
Tom
> Doyle with Jess Cain.  I think Jess felt a little threatened by Doyle's
> presence.

Teaming Doyle with Jess was like trying to fix something that wasn't broken.
The other odd outcome was that the chemistry that existed between Jess and
tech/producer Pudge Flynn was clearly going to change when a third person
was entered into the formula.  Few seemed to believe that a lot of thought
went into the decision to pair them up.  It was almost as though the shop
had this great talent (Doyle) that they needed to put someplace.   At any
rate, the days of Boston full-service ACs were numbered.

<Jess moment> I just recalled a FOFL recurring event where Eddie (Sports
Talk) would live-read a spot for a Chinese restaurant and the tech would run
a loop of (an unrecognizable) Jess in the very politically incorrect
stylings of a mock-Chinese song, complete with an effective gong finish.
Making me hungry for boneless spare ribs right now.

Bill O'Neill