Re: WNYE-FM 91.5 Coming In Consistently While WJUL is Off-the-Air

On Wed, 10 Oct 2001 14:42:09 -0400 "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com>
writes:
> My company (not a broadcaster) is generous with its benefits, so I
> have this week off...I get 4 weeks of vacation PLUS 10 holidays;
> ridiculous!
                 <snip>

I gotta tell ya, going from commerical radio, where we had 2 weeks off
after 1 year, 6 holidays (if you work the holiday you get double time
plus a day off with pay later)  to working for a university is quite a
difference in benefits.

15 vacation says, 6 sick days, I think 15 holidays (if you work them it's
straight time but a day and a half or two days of comp time depending on
the holiday) plus the week between Christmas and New Year is called the
intersession and we get it off with pay, again if you have to work it you
get a day and a half for each day worked.  So, if I work all the holidays
and take all my sick time I get 51 days off a year!

Ain't academia GREAT!

> So today, while fiddling around the FM dial between 9:00 am and
> 10:00 am at home in exotic Methuen, MA, I noticed that WJUL-FM 91.5
> at the University
> of Lowell was off-the-air.  This happens a lot for some reason, but
> what
> I heard was not WMFO, or WSDH, but NPR programming.

When was this and where were you?  I don't recall WSDH being off the air
recently

df