RE: WJIB's homepage?

<<On Mon, 8 Oct 2001 15:10:41 -0400, "Hakim Madjid" <HMadjid@mindspring.com> said:

> True enough, on the transmitter end,  but there are not a lot of AM Stereo
> receivers out in the hands, homes, and automobiles of the radio listening
> public. That probably alas makes it not worth the bother for the
> broadcasters.

Except that I don't think it's that much bother -- and with the
emphasis these days on building station facilities for flexibility,
it's a rare air chain that isn't designed for stereo operation.  It
just doesn't make sense to wire up a mono facility any more when
everything except the transmitter might be ``repurposed'' a few years
down the road for another station.  (How many studios have you seen
where the little satellite-sports AM gets stuck in an old production
studio and the former AM talk studio is converted for use by the
cluster's CHR or Hot AC AM drive show?)

-GAWollman