Re: Patriotic Music 101

On 29 Sep 2001, at 4:06, Jeremy Mixer wrote:

> I also never understood why this was the land where our fathers died when
> my father was alive and well.

When we first sang that song in first grade, the teacher explained that
this didn't really mean your father, it meant your grandfathers.  My
grandfathers were both alive and well, but I figured that maybe some
people's grandfathers weren't.

I've actually been making similar puns in Hebrew with the High Holidays
liturgy.  For those in the know, I've been asking about these guys Eric
Apayim and Rabbi Chesed V'Emet and how they got their names into
the liturgy.  And who's this guy "Ed"?  And why does Nomar's name
appear in so many Hebrew prayers?

 15 Court Square, Suite 210          lawyer@attorneyross.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503           http://www.attorneyross.com