Re: The "T" Word

Tony writes:

> Drudge is reporting that CNN and other news agencies are adding
"alleged" to any description, which, technically, they should.

As in "alleged terrorism?"  "Alleged loss of human life?"  I possess a
firm grasp of the technical elements of reporting on a news story.  I
also have an appreciation of how jingoism gone-amuck can yield a
deleterious impact on believable journalism; however, I believe we need
to delineate between allegations of involvement of certain individuals as
yet not tried and the act of terrorism, itself.  September 11th did not
involve an alleged terrorist attack.  There are those allegedly involved
in that action.

Bill O'Neill