RE: Satellite radio

Scri/obh Tony Abruzzese:

>As reported in the NewsScan Daily:

>"SATELLITE RADIO HITS THE AIRWAVES
>XM Satellite Radio debuts its new subscription-based radio service today,
offering listeners 100 channels of music, news and other
>programming with few or no commercials. (snip)..."

I still wonder about Sattelite radio. For one the current expense of the
hardware. I just got a catalog in the mail from Crutchfield (a long time
mail order audio dealer). The least expensive way install satellite radio in
your car runs around $350. $250 for the hardware box  to adapt your existing
car radio for the statellite radio service, and then an extra $100 for the
satellite antenna. IMHO they're blowing it on this one - having the required
antenna a $100 add - on.

Then of course there's the $10 monthly subscription fee.

As I said, I really wonder about all this, given the state of the economy -
I don't think people will spend the money for such frills. But I could be
wrong, and this could become *THE* Next Big Thing...

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)