Re: Patriotic Music 101

----- Original Message -----
From: "Donna Halper" <dlh@donnahalper.com>
To: <boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org>
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: Patriotic Music 101

> I notice that the Red Sox, as they
> did during the Gulf War and after Oklahoma City, are not dumping out for
> commercials during the playing of our national anthem-- rather, they are
> staying for the singing of it.  How long do you think that will last
before
> they go back to using the time for commercials again?

I find it interesting that you defended Madonna's comments made just days
after the terrorists attack but you apparently take offense to the Sox
network not playing the anthem.  Not showing symbolic support for the
country on a daily basis is offensive but making substantive criticisms of
the country at a time of crisis is not?

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine