Re: Clear Channel Banned Songs (TFN)

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, Norm Rosen wrote:

> Given their history of headline grabbing promotions ( "The Running of The Bull
> Dykes") , and(The killing of a Wild Boar on the air),
One point I will make, as an outspoken critic of Clear Channel- these
decisions were not made by the company itself, but by employees working at
individial stations, something that can be said for amny of the large
companies, or something that can be said against them, regardless of which
way you look at it.

> The killing off of less profitable formats in some cities etc. It's all about
> the money.

That is indeed the truth.

> I see this move as another opportunistic self-serving move only to retain
> their clients.
>
> Not that there's anything wrong with that, however let's really see it for
> what it really is
>
> A Kinder, gentler, caring radio corporation, possibly?
>
> That falls into the same oxymoronic category as Jumbo Shrimp.

Clear Channel would not do anything like that, not as long as they have
that weasel running their radio interest.

> Mike_Ed wrote:
>
> > If this is real, I find it ( at best ) hypocritical of them to do this.  I
> > can remember after the 1989 San Francisco earthquake stations playing " I
> > Feel The Earth Move " by Carole King and " You Shook Me All Night Long " by
> > AC/DC on stations that didn't play either of them before or since.  Does
> > that not make them more sympathetic to the people who died due to a
> > terrorist than they would be to someone who died in a natural disaster ??
> > Not only that, but they would be cutting out most of the what they play in
> > their respective formats.  I can't imagine stations like WHJY in Providence
> > lasting too long without being able to play some of those songs on this
> > list.

Jeremy

Psychedelic Pine Tree- http://www.mp3.com/PPT
Hear their new song new song "Please Help Me"! www.mp3.com/PPT