Re: Patriotic Music 101

> Howard
>
> who, while at the latest Fenway Park debacle last night, noticed
an
> error in the lyrics provided for the seventh-inning "America the
> Beautiful" sing-along. The message board scrolled "purple mountain
> majesties" when the correct words are "purple mountains' majesty."

Just how many majesties can a purple mountain need? <g>  As this era
gears up I suspect blown patriotic lyrics will be less of a problem,
for more reasons than one.

Here's one for you - is there any protocol that would discourage the
use of the National Anthem voiced-over?  One thing I noticed was it
used as a bumper then faded to a spot break.  Something seemed odd
about that.

Bill O'Neill