Re: FoxNews ...

On 18 Sep 2001, at 11:19, RadioTony@aol.com wrote:

> I have been watching the network for a long time and I
> have really found them to be pretty balanced, up until
> now. Sure, it is a little like talk radio, maybe that is
> why it appeals to me. I don't think you will see CNN
> coddle bin Laden or anything, but their sure ignored
> every bad thing Clinton and his admin did.

Well, I sure saw a lot of coverage of Clinton's problems on CNN.

Someone on the Old-Time Radio list noted that, in one of the crawls on
the bottom of the screen, Fox News said something like, "Abraham
Lincoln took military action in the Civil War."  Duh!

This person on the OTR list was recalling how, at the time of Pearl
Harbor, radio networks came out with the bulletin, then returned to
regular programming until they had more information, and contrasted
that with today's practice of going to full-time coverage and saying
nothing of substance because there's no new information yet.

I particularly remember this last fall, when the networks broke into
regular programming when the Supreme Court came down with the
decision in the election case.  They were just receiving the decision,
hadn't read it yet, and didn't know what it said.  At one point, Dan
Rather thought it was a victory for Gore.  They'd have done better to
stay off until they'd read the decision and could report what it said.
They kept up this nonsense for about a half hour.  By that time, I was
reading the decision and printing it out on my computer.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210          lawyer@attorneyross.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503           http://www.attorneyross.com