Re: My Call to WTKK

Welcome to talk radio!

I spent some years in talk radio, from small local stations to network
shows. Here's what I learned:

Talk radio serves three purposes:

(1) To entertain
(2) To entertain
(3) To entertain

Any listener who thinks otherwise is mistaken. In terms of how callers are
chosen, it does vary from station to station. But one PD of mine put it
best when he compared callers on a talk station to records on a music
station. It's the producer's (call screener's) job to choose which callers
help push the show forward best. If a caller doesn't do that, then that
caller isn't used - just like a song the DJ // producer // PD doesn't
believe listeners want to hear. It's no different.

Chris