Re: Madonna calls for peace at Los Angeles concert

Donna writes:
But the imam took offence, and stated that nothing
> in Islam comes from the Hebrew Bible.  "Islam was revealed by God,"
he
> stated, "and it does not come from Judaism. Nothing in the Koran
comes from
> Judaism."  The rabbi was a bit taken aback-- and I was too.  This
is very
> much in line with what young Muslims are being taught today in
foreign
> countries-- that Judaism is a false religion which should be
destroyed.  I
> hope that belief isn't coming to the Muslims in the USA, and I wish
the
> moderator had said something.

Interesting.  It makes me think of the increasing warnings by major
media (and politicians) to raise the awareness of Muslims across the
world that wish to have nothing to do with misguided crackpots.  I am
not hearing, however, much of the impact that the Arab-Israeli
conflict shall have as the coalitions take form.  Perhaps it
something else that is too much to bear?

Of the major media reporters out there, to whom can we look for an
incisive look at that?  NPR's Daniel Schorr, IMO, has a phenomenal
grasp on world politics.  His weekly (Saturday) Morning Edition
contributions on the week in review are gems.  His contributions to
special weekend talk on NPR has been top notch, as well.  Also, the
Beeb is worth the listen and view.

Bill O'Neill