Re: AP

Jeremy Mixer writes:
> The news companies are starting to jump to conclusions about
everything
> and it is rather sickening.

Scanned the networks, ABC ran a story about Walt Disney.  Nice
diversion.  FoxNews, MSNBC, CNN are now becoming very wearing.  The
best thing that can happen is "back to business" on Wall Street
tomorrow as a contrast to the grueling efforts by rescuers down the
street.  My hope is that news networks will learn to replicate their
abilities to jump onto critical conditions with an ability to finesse
and scale-back coverage to a level commensurate with the degree of
real news.  I think of transcriptions of radio during wartime in the
30s and 40s when the orchestra would pick up where the late-breaking
reports left off.  And the band played on....

Bill O'Neill