Re: AP

Yes I agree that the AP has been useoless through this whole thing,
however you have to keep in mind that I know ABC, CNN and NBC were all
saying that five firefighters were found, there is hope of life etc, and
it later turned out to be two that got trapped in teh rubble after going
there to help.

The news companies are starting to jump to conclusions about everything
and it is rather sickening.

On Fri, 14 Sep 2001, Cooper Fox wrote:

> As far as this situation goes i have found the AP wire
> to be darn near useless.  Take, for example, the
> report of the 5 firefighters found in the SUV.  That
> was completely inaccurate.  There were firefighters
> found but the times, dates, amounts, and details were
> all wrong.  It is easier for a small station like the
> one that i work at to use a network news sources(NBC,
> CBS, etc.
>

> --- Bill O'Neill <billo@shoreham.net> wrote:
> > How critical is the AP at this time in terms of news
> > sourcing?  We
> > often hear a story as quoted in a certain paper or
> > TV outlet but
> > rarely, "The AP reports...."  Helen Thomas (formerly
> > UPI pre-merger)
> > has that front seat in the gallery.  Is it that her
> > writings becomes a
> > part of the story?
> >
> > Bill O'Neill
> >

> =====