RE: Chuck Scarborough

WEAFNY@aol.com wrote:

> Chuck was evening  local news anchor for WNAC-TV, Channel 7 in the
> mid-1970's.  He has been in NYC for almost 25 years.

>Throughout the 80s, Chuck would sometimes show up on the NBC evening
>news on weekends. He has also written one or two novels.

>He is one of several Boston area newsfolks who went to NYC in the mid-
>to late 70s.

>He and Len Berman (former BZ 4 sports anchor) are still there.

>Tom Ellis and Robin Young returned to Boston TV news on the New Channel
>7 (WNEV), but what ever happened to meteorologist Bob Ryan, Dick
>Albert's predecessor at Channel 5. I remember sharing an elevator @
>Rockefeller Ctr. with him and one of his kids. My sister and her
>girlfriend immediately turned to jello because "he was sooooooo
>cuuuuuute".

If I remember correctly, Bob Ryan left Boston in February 1978, about 14
days after the Great Blizzard curiously enough. He took a job as a staff
Meteorologist for the 'Today Show' at the time. That's why you might have
been seeing him at Rockefeller Center.

Yea Chuck  Scarborough also took a NY job, after he left Channel 7. If I
remember correctly, Scarborough had a very rocky relationship with Channel
7 - I think they resorted to suspending him once or twice (someone correct
me if I wrong).

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)