1.170 & 0.650 On Nights (Was:Fwd: Re: Follow-up on "Weakest Link")

Rob Landry wrote,

> On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Laurence Glavin wrote:

          <snip>

>> (I checked WILD-AM 1090 last weekend, and they powered up
>> exactly two hours after sign-on.)
>
> Of course; they've got a Sine Systems doing the power-ups
> and power-downs automatically.
>
>> Was the fining of WBOT the signal that
>> even in this "deregulatory" age, the FCC is taking technical
>> matters seriously?  OK so Scott says WUMB-AM 1170 has been
>> heard after hours.
>
> He's wrong. And it's WFPB(AM), by the way. They have a Sine
> Systems too.
> It's the best remote control value for the money.

Whoop-dee-doo, they've still been on all night, since about the
beginning of the month (perhaps the timer was misprogrammed for
September?).
Also, 0.650-WJLT has been running all night at reduced power for
a few weeks, too--didn't they *just* get their CP approved?

     ~Kaimbridge~