Clear Channel "Network?"; Dan Rather

Today, I heard talk and reports on a specially-cobbled-
together "network" of Clear Channel stations.  It was
on WGIR-AM and its siblings in New Hampshire.  I
didn't observe any CCers in Boston carrying it.
I believe it was based out of one of their California
stations....kind of far away.  This means Dr. (Not)
Laura is being pre-empted not only in Boston, but Manchester.  Oy.

I too watched Dan Rather for a while last night, and
thought he was NOT his lamppost-hugging-in-a-hurricane
self.  Maybe he was just tired, but he seemed almost
Conkritean.  I usually get the Wall Street Journal with
my home-delivered Globe, but today I also got the NY
Times.  They stated that WCBS-TV is the only network
o&o receivable over-the-air.  Maybe he felt that for
half-a-million people, CBS was THE CONDUIT for news and
he reacted accordingly.  Watch:  tonight he'll utter a
rural animadversion that will make www.ratherbiased.com.

Laurence Glavin

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!