Re: Fwd: Re: Follow-up on "Weakest Link"

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> I also saw an item in the classifieds about WKOX's
> plan to put up towers near the WUNR-AM site on Sawmill Brook
> Parkway very early on (that appears to be defunct).

No, it isn't.

> (I checked WILD-AM 1090 last weekend, and they powered up exactly
> two hours after sign-on.)

Of course; they've got a Sine Systems doing the power-ups and power-downs
automatically.

> Was the fining of WBOT the signal that
> even in this "deregulatory" age, the FCC is taking technical matters
> seriously?  OK so Scott says WUMB-AM 1170 has been heard after hours.

He's wrong. And it's WFPB(AM), by the way. They have a Sine Systems too.
It's the best remote control value for the money.

Rob Landry
umar@nerodia.[dumbed.down.pseudo]wcrb.com