Re: NYC World Trade Center 3 Collapse

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001, Jerry Decker wrote:
> Out of all the radio and TV stations with their transmitters at the
> top of WTC towers, only two non-comms -- WKRC and WNYC-FM -- didn't
> have an authorized backup transmitter sites elsewhere in the New York

You mean WKCR-89.9 FM, not WKRC :)

KCR stands for Kings College Radio (the old name of Columbia University,
who owns the station) for anyone who is interested.

WKCR's silence also means that one of the three Chinese-language news/talk
subcarrier stations in the city is also off the air, leaving hundreds of
Chinese-speaking residents without a source for information.  I believe
this particular one programmed in Mandarin and Taiwanese.

--
Sven Weil
NYC