Re: NYC World Trade Center 3 Collapse

There were no raido or television stations who had offices or studio space
in either tower. I believe the last station with studio space there was Dow Jones TV's
WBIS+ (WPXN Pax31) which was sold to Paxson in 1997($257million)
and is now shares office space with WNBC-TV in Midtown(Paxson is 32% owned by GE).

Out of all the radio and TV stations with their transmitters at the top of WTC
towers, only two non-comms -- WKRC and WNYC-FM -- didn't have an authorized backup transmitter sites elsewhere in the New York  metro. Since this morning's tragedy, everyone has either switched or in the process of switching to authorized backup sites. WKRC and WNYC will be out of operation for quite some time or until they find
temporary backup operations....

Z100 is a NJ-based station.

-Jerry
---
Decker Media Consulting
Brooklyn,NY

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:19:06
 Richard Chadwick wrote:
>Any update on the staff of Z100, WHTZ?  Weren't their studios still in the
>WTC?
>NYC DX'ers: are they back on from a backup location?
>

>Richard W. Chadwick
>http://RichChadwick.com
>617.747.4090

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!