Re: Companion Radio

Based on the info you've provided, my guess would be to zero in on a nursing home somewhere that has perhaps set up the system so its residents can simply tune to 89.3 to listen.

-Paul Hopfgarten
-Derry NH

Kyle Stephanos <MajorRadioFreak@excite.com> wrote:
> Hello...

Well, I just discovered in interesting "pirate" station
on the air. Listening to 89.3 around the greater Boston
MA area often yields some unusual signals, and I have
heard many, but this one particular one was unusual.
If anyone happens to drive down Route 1 in the Revere
Chelsea MA areas, there is a weak mono signal on 89.3
that I receive between the Revere Showcase movie theaters
and the Route 16 exit in Chelsea. (It's seems strongest
at the top of the hill under the overpass just north of
Rt. 16 in Chelsea. There is always older music from the 1920s
through the 1940s and I have noticed this signal on the
air every single time I drive by this area. Well, being curious,
I drove around the area up and down streets to try and locate
the source, but never found where it is. However, after several
songs are played, a male voice comes on and recounts the
music that was played, and then mentions that your listening
to "Companion Radio", or "Your companion radio".
I searched online for those words and found
http://www.companionradio.com/
On the website, it says: "Companion Radio is received using a small
satellite dish mounted on your roof or other convenient location. The four
stations are broadcast throughout your facility on the standard FM radio
band and can be received by any FM radio"
Well, this signal, even though it is quite weak, can be heard over a broad
area from Chelsea into Revere and even on the hills in Malden.
I was wondering if anyone else has heard this particular "station"??
If not, give 89.3 a listen on Route 1 between the Revere Showcase
and Chelsea next time your in the area. It's seemingly on 24/7

Best Regards!

Kyle (MajorRadioFreak@excite.com)

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/