RE: rabbit ears

> Judging from the
> $15 price tag, I'd
> expect you have a combo.

Technically I am only using the VHF dipole for now;
it also came with a UHF loop but since my TV (VCR,
actually...using that for tuning) only has a 75 ohm
connector, I'm supposed to  get some sort of "band
separator" to get UHF reception. But for now I'm
using the dipoles for both...So it should be a combo,
as you say.

Maybe I should pick up the "bowtie" antenna...I
remember when Ch. 38 used to get complaints about
its signal and they advised viewers to get a "double
bow tie antenna". Had one of those, years ago.

> If
> you can situate it
> closer to the window, it's likely you'd experience
> greater success.

Yes, am doing that. :)

Re: FM--
> you'd do better with an antenna
> that is more
> narrowly tuned for the FM frequencies (as opposed to
> the TV antenna

My stereo is in a different room, and I use a long,
thin wire which came with the receiver. Would guess
that's probably the best type to use for FM...
thanks for help!