Re: Local Political Coverage

Good point.  A station can get away with staying on high power all night,
but if you over charge a politician, you can bet the FCC will come down on
you.  The FCC fined a Maine station on this issue last year.  The specific
station slips my mind.  While the FCC does take the lowest unit rate
seriously, a station can stay out of trouble by obeying the (stupid) rule.
It is not necessary to offer the lowest unit rate to those not entitled to
it, though I'll certainly accept the gift if I'm buying the spots.

By the way - I'm not against political ads, I just don't like politicians
using their political power to benefit their campaigns.

-- Dan Billings, Bowdoinham, Maine