RE: RE: GE SuperRadios

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of David
Moisan
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2001 8:34 PM
To: boston-radio-interest@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu
Subject: RE: RE: GE SuperRadios

I don't think ANY of the $200 to $300 Shortwave protables have really
top-notch FM. Remember that a decent component FM tuner is going to cost
signifcantly more than a DX-398.

73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)

At 07:12 PM 8/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:
The 398's FM performance isn't its strong point;  while I've worked plenty
of tropo, and  e-skip (from Murfreesboro, TN once.) with it, you can't
receive first adjacent stations at all and second-adjacents only with some
difficult.

If I had a *good* stereo tuner (I do not), it would probably be better than
the 398.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN                dmoisan@shore.net