RE: RE: GE SuperRadios

At 07:12 PM 8/27/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>On Mon, 27 Aug 2001, David Moisan wrote:
>
> > That radio doesn't have an FM DX/Local switch.
> >

>How about putting a resistor in series with the antenna? Isn't that what a
>Local/DX switch basically is?

I suppose one could, though the resistor is usually in some other part of
the circuit.
If I had that problem (I don't), I'd use a wavetrap set to notch out the
strongest local signal.

The 398's FM performance isn't its strong point;  while I've worked plenty
of tropo, and  e-skip (from Murfreesboro, TN once.) with it, you can't
receive first adjacent stations at all and second-adjacents only with some
difficult.

If I had a *good* stereo tuner (I do not), it would probably be better than
the 398.

Take care,

Dave

David Moisan, N1KGH   ARES/SKYWARN                dmoisan@shore.net