Re: this week in review....re: Maxanne)

On 25 Aug 2001, at 21:17, Donna Halper wrote:

> >about Maxanne Sartori, it was written--
> >
> > > No; Maxanne wasn't hired until the spring of '83.
>
> In May of 1983, to be exact.  I don't know where she is these days, but
> until recently, she was doing record promotion.  If memory serves, wasn't
> she WBCN' first woman announcer, circa 1970?

WBCN had at least one woman announcer in the early 1960s, when it
was a classical station.  The one I remember on WBCN was Nermal
Danier (I may not have the spelling right.).  I think a couple of years ago
someone around here said that she later worked at WCRB and then
went into real estate or something.

 15 Court Square, Suite 210          lawyer@attorneyross.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503           http://www.attorneyross.com