Re: Is It My Radio?

Do what I do now: listen to shortwave. Yes, you have your share of trash
there too, mostly in the form of conspiracy theorists, religious zealots
and scam artists and other weird stuff; but for every one of those there's
still a Radio Netherlands or Radio Canada churning out intelligent,
enlightening and entertaining material. Yes, the BBC might not be pointing
a signal at us but at least in the northeastern parts of the US, you can
still hear them fine on 49 meters at night. Finally, these stations listen
to their audience and actively solicit feedback. A Sony 7600G with AM sync
detector is only $150 at You-Do-It Electronics in Dedham and even cheaper
online. $150 may not be cheap in terms of radios, but what's your sanity
worth?

--L