Re: Re: Expanded AM band (was Re: WKXL - WKXR)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2001 hopfgapr@sprynet.com wrote:

> Maybe 1990 was the last year?
> My 1990 Volvo 740 Turbo (just passed 250K, BTW)
> does NOT have x-band....it tops out at 1620.

My uncle has a Ford Tempo (Model 1993) with a digitally tuned radio that
also only goes to 1620kc/s.

Also, Garret, a lot of the new Sony table radios aren't covering the
entire FM band.  Check out their wooden table radio (ICF 9740W) and the
pocket-sized model (ICF-S10) at the websites or at a store. Their dials
only go up to 1600. Also, some of Sony's analogue-tuned clock radios only
go to 1600 on the dial

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few