Re: Re: WKXL - WKXR

On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 dan.strassberg@att.net wrote:

> No clue, but they'd be just nuts to give up that great
> 930 signal for a signal that maybe 20% of the people in

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there an FCC requirement for all new
AM radios to be able to tune the 1600-1700khz band?  What happened to this
requirement? A lot of new radios I'm seeing in the stores only have AM
dials that go up to 1600.  After some initial furor in the early 1990s,
Sony is back to making AM radios that only go tune up to 1600 and the
models that it was manufacturing that DID tune to AM 1700 have now been
reduced back to the old 530-1600khz band.

Weird.
--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few