Re: Two Hudson Valley Station Sales

Yes.  Not only was this move flagged by the FCC before
for market concentration (Catskill was too close to
the Albany market), it was shot down by the FCC for
this reason.  Which amazes me all the more that CC is
going ahead with this sale again, although considering
the new administration we have in the presidency, and
especially the FCC, this time it will likely clear.
Of course, as we all know, if these stations are
currently owned by Concord Media, we're not actually
seeing much of a change anyway, except that CC will
not be trying to disguise the fact that they
effectively own the stations right now.

                            Matt Osborne
                            Hyde Park, NY

> On Fri, 17 Aug 2001, Jason Bereza wrote:
> >
> > Down in Catskill, Clear Channel buys Concord
> Media's four stations in
> > (standards 560 WCKL, standards 1230 WHUC, oldies
> 93.5 WZCR, and Hot AC 98.5
> > WCTW).

On Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:14:34 Sven Weil replied