Pirate FM Half of Combo Kaput

<<On Mon, 06 Aug 2001 18:42:33 -0400, "Laurence Glavin" <lglavin@lycos.com> said:

> but the 88.3 operation is apparently gonzo.  When I've checked the
> frequency lately it's either been silent or a feeble NPR signal
> (origin unknown) appears.

Public radio on 88.3 is probably WPBX Southampton, from Long Island
University.  That's the usual catch, anyway; I've once or twice heard
WBGO Newark instead.  (It can be a bit of a challenge since both
stations play jazz.)  This morning I was listening to religion from
coastal Georgia, but that's an aberration.

-GAWollman