Pirate FM Half of Combo Kaput

A few weeks ago I posted a world exclusive (I've gotta stop reading
Drudge) that the Merrimack Valley was the home of the first AM&FM
pirate outlet...Spanish-language "religious" stations simulcasting on
1670 AM and 88.3 FM.  Well, the AM1670 outlet is still going strong
(well, weak as a matter of fact)
but the 88.3 operation is apparently gonzo.  When I've checked the
frequency lately it's either been silent or a feeble NPR signal
(origin unknown) appears.  WBMT 88.3 in Boxboro, radio station
of Masconomet Regional HS is apparently off the air for the summah.

Laurence Glavin

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!