Re: NYC Ratings, Stern, etc. (Was: Re: RUSH INKS $285M DEAL

> Doubt it. John Mainelli can swing his consultant sword
> all he wants but there is one huge omission there --
> the overall listening has dropped significantly
> in NY metro since last summer. Everyone's feeling it
> not just Stern.

To quote the article:

Stern's total audience share for spring was down 13 percent from a year ago
and a jaw-dropping 28 percent from the spring of 1998, according to Arbitron
ratings released Friday.

I don't think the NY metro listening OVERALL is down 28% from from the
Spring of '98.  (Or overall down 13% in the last year.)

This is a Stern Phenomenon.... He has dropped to his lowest #'s in recent
history  (in NYC anyway).  I don't think you can say that about the overall
market.

It's obvious that this is more than just an "overall market" listening
trend.

We can debate the 'whys'...and the future...and what could turn the tide and
rectify things...but to deny that his appeal has waned a bit is walking with
blinders.

Joe