From: owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org
[mailto:owner-boston-radio-interest@bostonradio.org]On Behalf Of Bill
O'Neill
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 3:26 PM
To: Hakim Madjid; bri@bostonradio.org
Subject: Re: (...and Jerry Williams...)

> I am puzzled why someone of Jerry Williams' stature would fall into
that
> pattern of progamming.
>
> 73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)

I'd chalk it up to dogged determination to get something accomplished
while the plates were still kicked in on his long career in the biz.
As for the daily grind of a single issue, not much of a difference, on
the music-side of the house, when the same tight song rotation keeps
on going, year after year.  Did Williams' numbers slip? Certainly, but
I doubt it was due to _how_ he was getting it done but more to the
fact that the format was just itching to bring on the pukers and skew
young.

Bill O'Neill