Re: (...and Jerry Williams...)

> It is recorded in the recent history of Boston radio that when Mr.
Langer
> tried to bring back a better brand of talk radio in the form of
Jerry
> Williams and Gene Burns, the format failed. Granted that may have
been due
> to the signal coverage problems on the 1060 frequency around here,
but at
> any rate.
>
> 73, de Hakim (N1ZFF)

Did Langer's re-incarnation of Burns/Williams ever really leave the
barn, as it were? (Vt. metaphors, what can I say?)  IIRC, Jerry was
sick and unable to go beyond a few shifts after the hype sessions of
the new station/format.

As for Dr. Laura, I guess I don't have the same level of disdain that
many on the list may have.  As b'casting goes, she works the element
well, IMO.  As for her tough ride on the moral issues, she's been at
it for a very long time.  She's a known commodity to the
customer/caller.  They dial her up with (one would hope) a reasonable
certainty that a) they're screwed by a problem they probably got
themselves into; b) they ain't MENSA candidates; c) they have one
virgin experience left: being told that they did something stupid.  I
catch her only occasionally t/d on WGY late mornings just to witness
some interesting train wrecks.  (Not that I couldn't be on one of
those trains.....)

Bill O'Neill