Re: Trojan ads

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001, Dave Faneuf wrote:
> Perhaps I am just old school, but I don't need to hear an ad for Trojan
> Condoms during lunch.  If WHOB wants to run a Trojan ad that is fine, put
> it in the daypart when people listening are more apt to be using them (at
> night).

Ummm... I don't think that people using condoms are going to be listening
to the radio at night while having sex.

Imagine you and your partner(s) getting to the point of no return and the
big Grundig on the dresser starts spewing a lengthy commercial set with
ads for Chicken of the Sea tuna fish, followed by a car dealer ad (NO
MONEY DOWN!), followed by an impotence ad (Horny Goat weed anyone?)
followed by Trojan Condoms (TROHHH_JAN MAAANNNN). ;-)

No, I think most people looking for mood music are gonna go for Music
Choice on cable or a CD/Tape player; hell maybe even a record changer
(remember those?) -- but definitely no radio! :)

> For anyone who wants to pitch me on what music station to tune into feel
> free, I average about 150 to 160 customers a week (and usually a
> "customer" consists of 2 to 4 people) that will be exposed to your
> station.  The only stations I will not consider are Infinity.

Try WJIB-74 AM or WXKS-1430 (Clear Channel - YUK) or even WBPS-89 AM (AMOR
Ocho-Noventa) :-)

Why no Infinity stations? Curious (although I betcha your reasons are the
same as mine)

--
Sven Weil