Re: Radio Netherlands on shortwave

On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, A. Joseph Ross wrote:

> Since the BBC discontinued its shortwave broadcasts to North America,
> Radio Netherlands has "temporarily" taken over those frequencies with a
> series of programs promoting themselves to North American listeners.

Gotta love those Dutch!!  These were the same people who, in two weeks,
cobbled together a radio station (Herrijzend Nederland or Holland
Resurrects) from spare parts scurried away in the Philips factory attics
after the German occupation!! :)

But seriously, Radio Netherlands does show an incredible commitment to
AM/Shortwave.  The fact that it's the only radio website I've seen that
has an authoritative review on receivers says a lot!

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few