Re: WCLV-FM Cleveland Makes Frequency Switch and Courageously Accepts Criticism

> WKLB's country format is hardly the "least popular," whether you're
> looking at national ratings, Boston ratings, or Greater Boston Radio
> Group ratings.  The idea was to take advantage of the northern reach
of
> the signal in a geographic area where country would likely be
popular.

> Mark Laurence

Agreed.  Probably one of the smartest radio maneuvers to come along in
a long time.  The 99.5 signal is a big 'un, just the ticket to take on
heritage country signal, WOKQ (97.5 Dover, NH).  Incidently, WPKQ
(103.7)//WOKQ from Mt. Washington makes a very decent hop into a good
chuck of VT.  In fact, I can pull it in fairly well on the Bose radio
in the kitchen.  WOKO (98.9 Burlington, 100 kW) doesn't make that much
better of a hop, and it's only 40 miles or so to the north.  If I
didn't know better, I'd suspect that WOKO was under the same ownership
as WOKQ//WPKQ.  They use a lot of the same types of positioners,
Sunday morning radio flea market, etc.  And the similarity in the
calls...

Bill O'Neill