Re: WCLV-FM Cleveland Makes Frequency Switch and Courageously AcceptsCriticism

On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Laurence Glavin wrote:

> Even though WCLV-FM 104.9 (formerly 95.5) is many miles away in
> Cleveland, some of you may be aware that they announced the unusual
> move of trading a full-power signal for a "Class A" last year to keep
> classical alive in the market. (This happened in Portland, ME, where

How the hell would this dumb-ass move keep classical music alive?

If anything it will contribute to WCLV's downfall as more and more people,
tired of the flakey and difficult reception, switch over to records and
tapes.

In my opinion, a station's greatest asset is a powerful signal.  Without
that, it's just a shack full of expensive equipment.

What's next, WCLV moves from FM to MW?

--
Sven Franklyn Weil            "The needs of the many outweigh
<sven@gordsven.com>                      the needs of the few