Re: listening trends....

Dan's assumption is right.  (meaning "Dan is Right").  --  I grew up with
WABC which played usually 4 commercials between each song! --day and night!
 In fact, whenever they ever played 2 songs in a row, they had a special
jingle to announce such a surprising event. The jingle went:  "77 WABC
Twin-Spin!"  - It wasn't for 2 songs by the same artist or any other such
connection, but rather, WOW! -WABC plays another song without having to wade
thru 4 more commercials.  -  Radio critics of today have no ground to stand
on when they say there are too many commercials. Its just that the
commercials are arranged differently.    I also remember WSRO in Marlboro,
(locally owned), a typical small-town station, back in the 60's and 70's and
even 80's, played a record once every 20 minutes!
    My theory on why some 35-year-olds are complaining about too many
commercials, is that they grew up with AM and FM, and the commercial-load was
split between the two, and therefore most stations seemed to have less
commercials.
----jibguy (who leans slightly, but ever so slightly to the Left)

In a message dated 7/10/01 8:52:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time, dib9@gwi.net