RE: WBZ Reception Is Worsening

After I sent my last message, I remembered that American
Tower Systems probably owns both the WRKO and WEEI
sites. At one time, though, ATS (I think it was still
ARS then) had talked of building a tall FM tower at the
WEEI site. I guess the economics didn't work out. For
sure, the neighbors couldn't have been happy. But were
WEEI to move to Burlington, Clear Channel would jump at
the chance to put WKOX at the WEEI site. In fact, such a
move for WKOX and WRCA, which wants to share the Oak
Hill site with both WKOX and WUNR, would be technically
far superior to a move to Oak Hill. Most likely that
wouldn't sit well with Entercom, though, as WKOX with a
sports format and a good signal could become a real
competitor of WEEI.