Re: EAS System

In a message dated 06/08/2001 2:51:45 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
mixer@zoso.net writes:

<<  Maybe this means I am ready for the big markets? >>

Jeremy,

     you were ready for the big markets the day you decided you wanted to do
radio.  there are a number of people working their "first jobs" in Boston, on
the air.
      as far as EAS is concerned, I know the SAGE units do not require a
password.  merely following the "cursors" on the LED screen.  pretty easy
stuff.  the requirement for rebroadcast of either the Required Monthly Tests
(RMT) or of actual emergency information (Tornado, Hurricane, Severe T-Storm)
is within 20 minutes of receipt.  the SAGE units themselves are default-timed
to kick the message out of its system and onto the air if a manual
transmission is not enacted sooner.

- -Chuck (hooooooooooooooooooo.... ooops, inside EBS test reference again) Igo