Re: Globe: Severin live but not local

--- "Bob Nelson...WMWM" <bobonradio@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Alex Beam's column in today's Globe states that--
> shock, horror!-- WTKK's Jay Severin actually does
> his show from New York City over phone lines:
> Second, I'd think it's not uncommon for someone to
> "not be in the studio" even though you'd think
> they were. Brudnoy did his show from his apartment
> after getting out of the hospital

Brudnoy still works from his home most of the time...

> Beam was just getting at 'TKK for using the line
> "live and local", I'd guess.

Clea Simon's article two years ago mentioned that Severin
was doing his show from his LI home. Why is the Globe making
a big deal out of it now?? Jay has spent quite a bit of time
in Boston. He knows the market quite well. He had lived in
Boston while earning his Masters in Journalism at BU's School
of Public Communication. Plus, he does split his time between Boston
and LI thesedays.

Also, when Gene Burns was doing his 'Boston' shows from 3,000 miles
away and discussing local topics involving Boston School Commitee or
Boston City Council, no one at the Globe seemed to have a beef
with it...

-Mark