Re: Jackass,Viacom&CBS

On 3 Jun 2001,  Bill O'Neill wrote:

> Agreed.  Most here on this list are button pushers - quite a few now
> more about the radio scene than, perhaps, 90% of the market.  I don't
> think people dial surf as much as we think. A listener to WODS does,
> IMHO, have the attention span (that happens with age) to "wait" ninety
> seconds to hear the news headlines or <gasp> survive 200 seconds of
> local news with <gasp> sound.  Are we not forgetting that spot breaks
> on some stations can last 6 minutes and rarely do people discuss TSL
> concerns over that.

And years ago, WCOP was "The Plough, Incorporated Stations, where you're
never more than five minutes away from music!"  The five minutes were the
hourly news breaks.

 A. Joseph Ross, J.D.                        617.367.0468
 15 Court Square                     lawyer@world.std.com
 Boston, MA 02108-2503      http://world.std.com/~lawyer/